Could this be the beginning of Nick maintaining his blog?!?!
I doubt it..
Today I was supposed to get lunch with Teens and Lils. But there was a miscommunication and somehow we ended up not getting lunch this week. Flunk.
Anyways, the missed lunch made me think of where we had lunch last. Which was Monahan's. Which reminded me that I have pictures of the time I went to Monahan's with Meesh. So I uploaded them to my computer and realized I must blog about it. Fresh sea urchin has got to be about the coolest thing to eat ever.

The guy at Monahan's said that they rarely get shipments of them because they have to come fresh and are expensive to freight by themselves. But we were lucky that day because someone else ordered a large shipment and so they had extras!
We decided to order it after the server racially profiled us as possible customers for this seemingly grotesque meal. He was actually very nice though and was thoroughly excited that we were going to eat his sea urchin. He prepared it for us on rice (which was completely the wrong kind of rice) and got us chopsticks and soy sauce.
It was not Taiko-quality sea urchin, but 600 miles from the nearest coast, I was not complaining. It was delicious!


4 comments:
are you too cool for fail? flunk.
i wrote a yelp review about monahans racially profiling us, and i got a vote for "cool". A+! (opposite of flunk?)
haha, i'm gonna steal "flunk"
omg....i don't want urchin..but i want some good food. i refuse to eat at south u anymore. or...i will..but will complain about it.
can't wait for tomorrow's entry!
omg im so hungry. im so so so hungry. when are we eating next week. monday or tuesday? must plan my life
i tried to go there today after my electricity failures, but then realized that they serve lunch only until 3pm. monahans punished me for killing your internetttt. ugh!
Post a Comment